Poem Farewell to Winter by Lu Loo

Farewell to Winter, Spring is in the Air 


Ivory snowflakes still fall, yet Spring is in the air.
               I long to feel the warmth that bestows delight.
               May the bliss of sunshine be my only given sight
and rescue me from the ache of Winter’s despair. 
For there’s nothing like the heat on my skin so fair,
               where we share picnics as loving families reunite. 

               The scent of tulips and irises encompass my essence
as they ascend with a bloom so full of pulchritude. 
They blossom with splendor in great multitude, 
               fulfilling my very being and genuine quintessence. 
               I remember running with wild flowers in my adolescence,
bestowing unto me a content and satisfied mood. 

Farewell to the chilling to the bone days of yore.
               May the clouds fill with the nature of Spring.
               I shall hear the baby Robins and Blue Jays sing
and see those magnificent Monarchs soar. 
For it's time to ring in the season of warmth that I adore-
              and say goodbye to the chill of Winter's sting. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arabic Poems Translated to English

POEMHUNTER Popularity Sherif Monem Poems

Glossary of Poetic Terms